Sunday, April 12, 2009

What You Think is What You See

Question
Answer each question in 3-5 sentences.

1. If the maps around you showed the existence of the Northwest Passage, would you believe it? Why?
Yes I would, because I believed there are some new lands in the world except Asia. If people want to arrange the map for these lands such as northwest, they need to pay lots of tensions on exploring it and take notes for the geography of lakes, mountains or forests. Then, they come back to analyze what they saw and arrange the note for drawing the map. It’s a difficult way for people to remember the all where they just explored, but most of the notes should be right. Thus, even if they got some wrong messages on the map of the northwest Passage I can still believe the truth of the map.

2.
If you were John Cabot and someone told you the Northwest Passage didn't exist. What would you say? What would you feel? How would you react?

I would say "perhaps there are still a minute quantity of the lands that haven't been exist but I could say most of Northwest haven been found by me!!!" I would feel exasperated by the people who told me the northwest passage didn't exist because I tried my best to discovered new lands for my country even risked my life but the consequence of that is someone still doesn't believe what I observed. I would be shocked by the person instead of reaction.

3. Find a map by Humphrey Gilbert from 1582. What do you see in the picture? Explain.

This map describes the route chart about the exploration by Humphrey Gilbert who traveled around Northwest.He began at England and traveled to Canada. He passed through the Newfoundland and come over to Nova Scottia
about Canada, then he came back from there to Azores. His exploration is from European to Northwest.

4.
Why did the Northwest Passage suit the goals (agenda) of the European explorers and monarchs?

There are lots of valuable goods in the Northwest Passage such as the cod, Furs and fertile lands. The goods on this land have never been seen until the explorations but all of them are very suitable for people to use. The goals that monarchs hope the European explored is find those valuable things for the country. That's why Northwest Passage suit the goals.

5. Feedback loops help us to see reality as a system. Can you think of an example of a feedback loop from your own life?
When I finish an essay I hope everything just fine.But I knew there are still some problems for me about the essay, maybe the grammar or even substantial in content. If ms.Chan doesn't help me with feedback loops I would never know my problems and I would never improve. Every suggestions help me get better than before so the feedback loops are important for me.

Look at page 225 of your textbook to help you.

6. What did you learn so far about explorers and the colonization of Canada?
I learnt the explorations about John Cabot and Jacques Cartier and the informations about their experiences. Also, I learnt why did the Northwest land became to the colonization of England and French. Moreover, I learnt the cause of the fur trade and how did it affect animals.

1 comment:

  1. I love your feedback loop. It is very funny. It made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    12/12

    ReplyDelete